The Advantages of Using Programmatic Native Advertising
Programmatic native advertising may sound scary. But if you are using digital marketing for your business, it is something you can’t afford to run away from.
As online consumers become immune to standard ads, businesses must think outside of the box when reaching their target audience. This is how programmatic native advertising was born.
To better understand the concept of programmatic native advertising and the advantages it can provide for your business, let’s break down the major parts of this hybrid term first.
What is Programmatic?
By definition, programmatic is a systematic process that places ads using artificial intelligence and real-time bidding. With programmatic advertising, decisions are no longer in the hands of the media buyer and are instead automated. This allows ads to target specific audiences and demographics more seamlessly on online display channels like social media, mobile, and video. In fact, Adweek predicts that by the end of the year, mobile programmatic ad spend will reach $20 billion while Signal suggests nearly $64.6 billion will be invested in programmatic in 2017. As a business owner, it is important that you familiarize yourself with programmatic technology because it is the future of ad buying.
As programmatic ad campaigns continue dominating the digital space, it’s a good idea to take advantage and leverage your own ad content in a clever way. This is where native advertising comes into play.
What is Native?
As we previously noted, native advertising is one of the marketing buzzwords you need to know. Not just because it is wildly popular nowadays but also because it works.
Native is usually displayed in the form of a video or a sponsored article on an editorial web page. This content, which promotes a product or service, is different from traditional ads. Instead of it noticeably being an advertisement, it natively blends with the content around it.
Studies show that people view native ads 53 percent more than traditional ads. Due to this, native advertising is a true win-win for business owners.
Advantages of Programmatic Native Advertising
Although both native and programmatic advertising are fairly new, the two combined makes for a perfect pair with many advantages like:
- Simplified Media Buying. Instead of focusing on traditional media buying metrics like RFIs and RFQs, programmatic native advertising does the hard work and gives you the opportunity to focus on the overall strategy.
- Cost Effective. With programmatic native, you are able to adjust CPMs in real time depending on the value of your impression which can save you money.
- Better Customer Insights. Programmatic native ads specifically target to reach your ideal customer base using their device, geographic, browsing data and more. With this data in hand, you can learn more about your customer’s behavior to create better ad campaigns.
- Efficiency. Using programmatic native advertising, you can reach a larger audience across multiple websites resulting in better efficiency.
- Enhanced Customer Experience. The success of native proves that when customers don’t suspect content or a video to be an ad, it does better which increases user experience.
As a business owner, you want to work smarter not harder. Ultimately, that is what programmatic native advertising does. When you combine the creativity of native with the brilliance of programmatic, you deliver relevant ad content that is engaging, clever and smart.
The pros here at Belo Media Group want to know if you are currently experimenting with programmatic native advertising. Is it working for your business? Are you interested in possibly using it in the future? We’d love to hear from you, so leave us a comment below.